Discussion questions for chapters 21-24 & Epilogue link-up at GReads
1. In chapter 21 James calls Bella telling her he has her mother and the only way he won't kill her is if Bella comes alone. What would you do in that situation? Come alone or tell Alice and Jasper?
I would sooo tell Alice and Jasper! They are smart, I'm sure they would come up with a better plan than I ever could!
2. Was everyone else as shocked as I was when I first found out about the Alice/James situation? Do you think this adds to the story line or was it not needed? Why do you think they choose not to include these details in the movie?
Yes, defiantly shocked! I do think it adds to the story because it tells us Alice's background! Uh, the movie could not include everything and since it did not focus on the Cullens as much as in the book, I felt this being left out did not hinder the movie.
3. Edward had to do something extremely difficult in order to save Bella from becoming a vampire. Have you ever had a similar situation in your life where you had to push your will power to its limits?
I can not think of a particular time, no life or death situations for sure. I know there been times when what I have wanted was not necessarily the best for me or those around me so I've had to let things go, testing my will power. That's when I put my faith in God to bring the best outcome!
4. Bella and Edward get into the "to change Bella or not to change Bella" argument in the hospital. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? Why or why not?
If I had Edward, yes I would. Mostly for the same reasons as Bella, I would want to be with him forever and stay the same age, being the same as him. Specially if I believed as Carlisle, you don't lose your soul because your heart stops beating. Your soul is who you are, you still have a choice in how to live.
Chapter 24 is another one of my favorites, love Bella's line "I'm betting on Alice"
5. Twilight ends with everyone going to the prom. Did you go to your prom? Was your experience similar to Bella's? Feel free to include pictures!!
Nope, never went to prom because I did not have one. The closest thing I had was a friends banquet, no dancing, just a bunch of friends dressing up for a nice dinner.
- Oh I almost forgot, in the epilogue I had no clue Edward was taking Bella to prom. (until Tyler's call) I thought she was getting dressed up for Emmett and Rosalie's again wedding. At least that is what I would have told Edward! :)
- EXTRA: So, it's over...Final thoughts?
This was so fun! It was nice to have questions and see everyone's answers. It challenged me to look at Twilight from different angles. Thank you to all who made it possible. I enjoyed checking out the other blogs involved as well. I have already read New Moon again and plan to continue reading the rest of the series & watching the movies in preparation for Breaking Dawn Part 1 in Nov.I would love to this with another book, maybe one I have not read before! Anyone else game?! ;)