Waterfall Wednesdays, a read-along of Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren, is hosted by Tina at Tinasbookreviews, Joy &Serena at Edgy Inspirational Romance, Nic at Irresistible Reads, Jenny at Supernatural Snark, and Missie at The Unread Reader.
Discussion Questions for Chapters 7-11
- Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not? Yes, I think it fits the time period. It also gives Gabi a chance to shine all her talents.
- Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies? I can't wait til the book brings us to back to Fortino so we can see how Gabi has helped him! An aloe plant is always good to have on hand for burns.
- Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills? I'm thinking go Gabi! I like Gabi so much more. It shows how she spent time with her father and the good relationship she had with him. No secret skills for me. Every time I read about a women being good with a sword, gun, horseback riding or a special talent, it makes me want me want to try and learn too.
- "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended? At first I did not like Lady Rossi at all and I did not think Marcello really liked her. After these chapters I am feeling a little different. Lady Rossi starts to be nice and we see that Marcello cares for her, just not sure how much. I am very torn, I want Marcello to be able to do what is right for his family and honor his word for marriage. But I also want him and Gabi both to find love and happiness. Putting myself in Lady Rossi's shoes, I feel the moments between him Gabi betray her a little, even though Marcello has not acted on his feelings. For me, I want something to happen or go wrong so Marcello can persue Gabi.
- Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :) I love how Marcello steps in while Luca is teaching Gabi to dance. I would love to dress up and go to a ball! I really want to learn how to dance, but I have not been able to get my husband to agree. I like watching Dancing with the Stars. I do not know any cool dance moves, especially any that are YouTude worthy. ;) I did see a couple's wedding dance on YouTube a while back that I thought was cool and wish I would have done something like it, so I have posted that link. YouTube
Chapter 9 Luca and Gabi
"If I may ask m'lady, where'd you learn to wield a sword?"
"My father," I said
"Ahh," he said, sorrow shadowing his eyes for a moment. "No sons, eh?"
"My father would've taught me to wield a sword, and my sister to shoot her arrows, whether or not he had sons." I nudged the gelding's flank and moved away from him, toward the others.
"Your sister is an archer?" he asked, by my side in seconds, unperturbed by my irritation.
"She is quite accomplished," I said. Took State, last year, in the juniors....
"I must say, I like how they breed women in Normandy," he said, cocking a brow. "I do hope we find her in Siena with your mother so we might be properly introduced."
Marcello to Gabi "You are, " he whispered, "uncommonly stirring."
Chapter 11 Dance lesson
His hands left me, but then slid back in place, at my waist, but wrapping a bit more behind my back this time, as if a tiny bit more possessive. My eyes fluttered open. And encountered Marcello.
I do like when the men show possessiveness toward their women!