DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR CHAPTERS 18-23
1. Gabi and Lia both face several life and death situations in these chapters, having to pick up weapons in defense of those they love and experiencing first hand the brutality of close combat. If you had the choice between picking up a weapon and standing on the front lines or staying behind to tend to the wounded as necessary, which would you choose?
I would do whatever I feel I was best at and most helpful at the time being. I'm a go get them kind of girl so if I was good with a bow or sword, I would so be picking them up.
2. Both girls get to wear extraordinary gowns to their victory celebration; what would your dream medieval gown look like?
3. Gabi has crude stitches put in and must endure both their removal as well as the cauterization of the wound. How is your threshold for pain? Do you think you would have simply gritted your teeth as Gabi does?
Well I was induced with both my children with pitocin and had natural births with no pain meds. That was hard. So that makes some say my tolerance for pain is high, I beg to differ. I was just not willing to take the ricks that comes with the pain medication during birth. I did scream loud enough for everyone inside and outside the hospital to hear. lol As far as the stitches, after the baby was out I did not want to feel them stitch me up so I got stuff then and with my second I had to get two shots and I still feel the needle (hurts thinking about it!) So if I were Gabi I would drink a lot of wine and hope I passed out!
4. Marcello wants to properly court Gabi after they express mutual feelings of affection, wanting to speak with her mother about his intentions. What do you think is the most romantic aspect of medieval courtship?
How the man pursues the woman and wants to protect her purity!
5. Gabi and Lia find themselves with conflicting desires toward the end with Lia wanting to return home and Gabi hoping to stay. Do you think that Gabi is being unfair to Lia for wanting to stay, or is Lia being unfair to Gabi for demanding they go? A little of both?
I think a little of both! They should be wishing for the others happiness, or find a way to have both?! I am proud of Gabi for her willingness to go home for Lia when she really does not want to.
On another note, Gabi really needs to tell Marcello the truth! He says he wants to marry her so if she is planning to go home she needs to stop leading him on!
I'm not able to write any extras this time around, I have been away from a computer and just now trying to catch up. I'll combined with next post. :)