Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Signing with Jeaniene Frost

Jeaniene Frost answering questions for her fans
On September 10, 2011, I went to the BOOKMARKS festival of books in Winston-Salem, NC. Jeaniene Frost was a guest author and held a book signing and a discussion time. She basically sat down with us and answered questions anyone had. At the time, I had only read to book four in the Night Huntress series so I did not want to ask any questions about Cat and Bones that may have been answered later in the books. :) Some questions asked were about Vlad's book, how she comes up with character names, how she determined what "gifts" her vampires would have and a few writing tips for beginners. She was fun and I really enjoyed hearing her talk about her Night Huntress world!

My personal note about the pictures: On my way to the BOOKMARKS festival I planned to stop in VA where my family lives to visit and pick up a sister or two so they could watch my kids for me while I was there. When I got to their house I realized I had forgotten my camera! I am a scrapbooker and photos mean a lot to me so I had set it out to be put in the van but some how it did not make it (I also forgot to pack underwear, but that is not the point). My sister #3 said I could use her camera, but we could not find the cord to charge it. So she went and got another one but it still would not work. Sister #5 ( yes, there are five girls and two boys in my family, same parents yada yada) said she had a disposable camera that I could have. So that is why the quality of these pictures suck! But I would rather have these than none at all!

Jeaniene Frost signing my books
While getting my books signed, I confirmed with Jeaniene that there are nine books planned for Cat and Bones. I also asked if she a;ready knew how she wants things to come to an end. She smiled and said yes, she has already shown the editors. :) I'm jealous! I told her she has to keep Cat and Bones together! I don't think I take much more of the together, apart, together again. I did let her know one of the things I like about the series was that Cat and Bones fall in love in book one. It is hard for me when a series waits til like book 4....he says do I like her, she says should I be with him? Example: the Kate Daniel series by Ilona Andrews and the Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill

Good News! When I got my books signed, I also got an extra copy of One Grave At A Time, book #6 her latest Cat and Bones release. I plan to have a giveaway for it on my blog so be sure to keep your eyes out!  If you have not read any of the Night Huntress series, there is a special going on for EBOOK readers until Oct. 25, 2011. You can get Halfway to the Grave, book #1 for only $1.99 and it includes exclusive bonus material!  These books are a must for any (adult) paranormal romance fan!

Jeaniene Frost and I! ;)


If you would like to know more about Jeaniene Frost and the Night Huntress series you can visit her website!

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo of the two of you! And it's so cool that you got confirmation on a few frequently wondered things. I hope she keeps Cat & Bones going on a good track too. I think readers would rebel if she didn't! LOL And totally unrelated...you have 6 brothers and sisters! No wonder you need to read to escape! ;)

    ReplyDelete